Well, it's happened. And, admittedly, remarkably late in the game. Frantic Mama has what you might call a "severe cold." And it's not pretty. And I know just who I caught it from (Hint: He only eats yogurt, he is obsessed with Match Box Cars, and he's under age 2). Yep. My dear little guy brought it into our home [again]. (See Recent Posts: The Neverending Cold).
This is one of those lovely head colds that makes you so stuffy that even your eyes hurt. I'm considering buying one of those frightening Neti Pots that the likes of Dr. Oz rave so much about. Yes, it's that bad.
This leads to the conundrum that only parents must face: how does one take care of oneself when every waking minute someone else demands all of one's energy? I'm not sure it's possible. I do know Baby Einstein videos help. I also know that an extra cup of coffee can help you find just a little bit more oomph in your reserves.
In the meantime, this Frantic Mama is signing off for the day...how long before I put my feet up do you think it'll be until you-know-who wakes up, calling for Mama?
Monday, February 13, 2012
Friday, February 3, 2012
My son just turned 20 months old. While I infinitely prefer this age to, say, 2 weeks old, there is still a seemingly endless supply of fresh challenges that crop up with each passing day/week/month...
I love him beyond words, but here are just some of the dangerous/annoying/ridiculous acts of mischief (most of which are accompanied by a devilish grin) my son is currently obsessed with:
- Turning on the "hidden" switch to the [very hot] gas fireplace.
- Tugging on any and all electrical cords within reach.
- Opening the freezer and depositing ice cubes around the kitchen (I often discover this activity later, after stepping in a cold puddle, wearing fresh socks).
- Rolling the car window down by his carseat on a freezing cold day (Yes, we have Childlock. Yes, I forget to turn it on).
- Throwing his bath toys down the laundry shoot one by one (admittedly, I often take advantage of this pastime-- I can brush AND floss my teeth!).
- Snatching my smartphone and writing comments on Facebook (said comments typically appear on Friends pages as "asdchsafdsaoidf ihsdf hs.")
Like Frantic Mama on Facebook
I'm on Twitter @MNFranticMama
Click the Top Mommy Blogs button if you like me :)