It's been a while since I did a 5 Friday Faves post, so here it is, my special summer edition!
1. Crispin Cider: I'm usually a beer girl, but sometimes I like to change things up. Hard cider, when not too sweet, can be a refreshing change in the summer. Recently, I tried Crispin Brut and it was delightful!
2. Bright shorts. Clothing can be tricky for a stay-at-home mom in the summer. I need to wear something comfortable when I'm hauling kids to and from parks all day, but I also like to feel a least somewhat pulled together. Enter my favorite pair of shorts of all time, in all kinds of bright colors, at a fantastic price point from Francesca's Collection. (Side note: I recently walked into this mall store for the first time and it is full of cute clothes, accessories, and gifts. Highly recommend!).
3. Two movies: I can't choose just one. About Time and Boyhood are both such great-- and very different movies. (Or should I say "films" to sound deeper?) Anyway, About Time is fun, romantic, poignant, and completely original. Boyhood is beautiful, heartbreaking at times, and also completely original [it was filmed over a period of 13 years with the same actors, so you see the real-life changes that come with age].
4. Wiley Wallaby Red Liquorice. Even better than Twizzlers, you'll find me munching on this slightly spicy, not-too-sweet chewy candy throughout the day.
5. Aveeno Positively Ageless Scrub. I recently decided I needed a facial scrub that was designed for more mature [i.e.: not 13-year-old skin], so I gave this affordable drugstore find a whirl. I love it. I use it once or twice a week and my sensitive, combination skin feels fresh and clean afterwards, not dried out and not oily.
What are some of your summertime favorites?
~Julia @ Frantic Mama
You can also connect with me here: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Pinterest.
P.S. The anthology I'm in, Only Trollops Shave Above the Knee, is available now! It's full of fantastic essays written by some very talented writers.