Monday, September 16, 2013
8 T.V. Shows I Miss (and should come back)
It's no secret that I like t.v. I don't hide it so I can seem more intellectual. In fact, there's no other way I like to unwind more at the end of a long day than turning on a good show and cracking open a Sam Adams.
Here are some dearly departed shows I miss, in no particular order:
1. The Office (British AND American versions (2005-2013). Most people have seen the American version, and on a good night, it was fantastic. (I love Steve Carell!). If you haven't seen the British version with Ricky Gervais, you are so lucky...because now you can order it all on Netflix and enjoy it for the very first time. Hilarious.
2. Freaks and Geeks (1999). Did you ever catch this short-lived, totally underrated series? So many of the actors are famous now (James Franco, Jason Segal, Seth Rogan) and I'm not surprised. But it only lasted ONE season. Criminal.
3. Bobby's World (1990-1998). I vaguely remember this cute little cartoon created by Howie Mandel. I watched it way longer than their target audience.
4. Sex and the City (1998-2004). I don't care if the women are getting older. I hate it when people say that. They're still awesome!
5. Jack & Jill (1999-2001). This one is so random, but I remember watching it a lot my freshman and sophomore year of college. So cute. Lots of now-famous people in it, like Amanda Peet. And the theme song, Romeo's Lament, is great.
6. Arrested Development (2003-2013?). I feel like I missed out on this show. I watched some episodes online recently and loved it. Actually now that I think about it, I heard it is coming back?
7. My So-Called Life (1994-1995). Ok, yes, she'd be in her late 20's or 30's by now. That'd be perfect. Maybe she would even have a baby and be married to Jordan Catalano!
8. Felicity (1998-2002). Noel or Ben? I'd be thrilled to find out what's going on in 2013.
What small-screen gems am I missing?
*Frantic Mama Hubby thinks Seinfield should make this list. And I agree that it WAS hilarious. Loved it. BUT, I'm not convinced it would be funny if it started up again...then again, I'd of course watch if it were on. And should Friends be on this list? I think it's run it's course, but maybe not?
Like Frantic Mama on Facebook
Let's follow each other on Twitter @MNFranticMama
Click the Top Mommy Blogs button if you like me, you really like me!